(Dated May 25, 2018, version 1.0)
In this policy, “you” means any person or organization that is authorized to use the SeaChange Website. “We” or “us” means SeaChange, including our subsidiaries and affiliates.
“SeaChange Website” or “Website” are websites that belong to SeaChange.
- Personal Information:
- When do we collect Personal Information.
- What Personal Information we collect.
- Use of Personal Information.
- How Personal Information may be shared.
- Retention of Personal Information.
- Sharing of Personal Information.
- Transfer of Personal Information.
- Opt-Out, Editing or Deleting Personal Information.
- Other Important Notices Regarding the SeaChange Privacy Practice.
- Additional Notice for European Residents.
When do we collect Personal Information.
In general, SeaChange collects Personal Information about you in the following situations:
- When you visit the SeaChange Website.
- When you download a SeaChange white paper or fill out a contact form.
- When you register with SeaChange through the SeaChange Website.
- When you participate in a SeaChange survey.
- When you fill out a tradeshow collection form or meeting form.
- When you apply to a SeaChange job posting.
- When you communicate with SeaChange and post information to a blog or community forum, SeaChange social media site, or upload user submitted media.
- When you request any other information from the SeaChange Website.
Provision of this information is not mandatory. However, you will not be able to access and use the SeaChange Website and communicate with us without disclosing some Personal Information.
What Personal Information we collect.
Like most other websites, when you visit the SeaChange Website, SeaChange automatically receives and records information from a variety of sources, such as information from your browser, SeaChange and third-party cookie information, web beacons, video ad serving template tags, pixel tags, social media buttons, URL links, and other sources.
When you register with SeaChange we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, ZIP code, website, and personal interests. Other information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, unique ID’s such as an IP address and device ID, site-viewing activity, communication preferences and referring domain, destination domain and destination path. We may also collect Personal Information about potential business customers and partners from our marketing partners and public sources.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, SeaChange may also combine information you provide to us, either via our Website or via another means (such as at a trade show) with publicly-available information, such as your organization’s name.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information from the SeaChange website for the following general purposes:
- Sending you important information regarding the Website, including changes to Website terms, conditions and policies.
- Contacting you and sending you promotional e-mails.
- Providing you the information you request on our Website and communicating with you.
- Remembering information you entered on our Website.
- Using your Personal Information for internal business purposes including, but not limited to, improving our Websites, services, and products.
- Customizing the advertising and content you see.
- Conducting research and providing anonymous statistical reporting for internal and external clients. In an anonymous (or pseudonymous or de-identified), aggregated manner.
- Combining with other information, collected online and offline, including information from third-party sources, to help us update, expand and analyze our records, identify prospective customers and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Complying with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies, and to protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- Using in any other ways, with your consent or as permitted under applicable law.
Retention of Information
Sharing of Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may share Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- When we have your permission.
- When required by law to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by public authorities, including disclosures required by national security or law enforcement agencies.
- When we need to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims, or when we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, data breaches, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- In the event that SeaChange is acquired by or merged with another company, to ensure the continuity of our business and services.
- With any of our current and future corporate subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With third parties (including third-party event sponsors) to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you.
- With third parties for marketing, advertising, promotions, contests or other similar purposes. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each promotion in which you participate, because they may contain additional important information about a sponsor’s own information collection practices. If required by applicable law, we will share such data for advertising and marketing purposes only in an aggregate, anonymous and de-identified manner.
Opt-Out, Editing or Deleting Personal Information
If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, or you prefer that we not share Personal Information about you in the future with our affiliates and/or with third parties, you may opt out by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the latest such message you have received or by contacting Security@schange.com. Please specify whether you are opting out of receiving messages from us or from us sharing your information with our affiliates and third parties.
You can review, correct, edit, or delete the Personal Information that you provided to us by sending us an e-mail request at Security@schange.com. We may need to verify your identity before acting on your request.
You may elect to “opt out” of receiving direct marketing or being included in market research information. You may opt out at any time by sending an e-mail request to Security@schange.com.
Other Important Notices Regarding the SeaChange Privacy Practice
Third-Party Sites and the Site
SeaChange is a global organization with headquarters in the United States and has legal entities and business functions across the globe.
European Residents: If you are a resident of the European Union (the “EU”), the European Economic Area or Switzerland, please see our “Additional Notice for European Residents”.
The SeaChange website is not intended for children under the age of 13 (who reside in the United States and children under the age of 16 (who reside in the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland). If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected Personal Information pertaining to a child under the age of consent in the country where the child is located without valid consent, we will delete such information from our records.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of Personal Information, SeaChange has adopted appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we process. Personal Informaiton and other data maintained by SeaChange is protected by computer security mechanisms including firewalls, encryption, monitoring software, data and network segmentation, and passwords. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Additional Notice for European Residents
If you are in one of the EU/EEA countries you are entitled to certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The following notice applies only to these residents who visit this Website.
For the purpose of the Additional Notice for European Residents:
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of such natural person.
Our lawful bases for the use of Personal Information are: (i) consent and/or (ii) any other applicable lawful bases, such as our legitimate interest in engaging in commerce, offering products and services of value, preventing fraud, ensuring information and network security, direct marketing and complying with industry practices.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to processing, where consent is the basis of processing. For Personal Information we collect on the SeaChange Website you may withdraw your consent by suspending your account or requesting that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at Security@schange.com.
- You have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold and how we process it, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to demand rectification of inaccurate Personal Information.
- You have the right to object to unlawful data processing under certain conditions.
- You have the right to erasure of past data about you (your “right to be forgotten”) under certain conditions.
- You have the right to demand that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your Personal Information is inaccurate.
- You have the right to data portability of Personal Information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, subject to certain conditions.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority in your country.
To exercise any of the above listed rights (with the exception of the right to complain to a data protection authority in your country) please contact us at Security@schange.com. We will process any requests in accordance with applicable law and within a reasonable period of time. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request.